Three Rivers College will be the preeminent, cutting-edge community of learners with a student-first focus, and will operate as a vibrant, dynamic catalyst for the creation of opportunities that foster learning and student success.
Three Rivers College inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed through open access to high-quality learning opportunities that meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Commitments that inform the mission:
- Open access to educational programs to prepare students for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution, as well as programs of career and technical education to prepare students for entry or advancement in the global workforce.
- Comprehensive academic services, learning resources, basic skills development and educational opportunities for students of diverse cultural, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds.
- Support services and student activities to enhance individual growth and academic potential.
- Collaborative partnerships to develop specialized programs that meet the changing needs of business and industry, government, secondary schools and other colleges and universities.
- Lifelong learning opportunities for individuals, who wish to improve job performance, develop new skills or pursue personal interests.
- Community services that support and encourage the economic, civic and cultural vitality of the region.
The strategic planning steering committee, made up of a diverse group of Three Rivers faculty, staff, administrators, and students, developed the above vision for Three Rivers College. Next, the group decided on the following strategic themes needed to reach that vision, along with initiatives and strategies for each theme.
|Theme:||Excellent Student Service|
|Initiative:||The college will continue to make student successthe top priority as we provide open access to high quality education at a reasonable cost. Therefore, we must continue to employ effective processes and develop better systems to serve our students efficiently.|
• Grow Academic Advisor Capacity.
• Assess and Improve Advising and Registration Processes.
• Expand Student Accounts Capacity.
• Assess and Improve Financial Aid Processes.
• Improve Communication to Students.
• Refine Policies and Proceduresfor Student Services.
• Clarify Curricular Requirements.
• Better Utilize Student Feedback for Informed Decisions.
|Theme:||Team Member Development|
|Initiative:||The college will build a team of highly skilled and trained individuals leading to an improved student learning culture, excellent services and more efficient operations.|
• Develop and Implement Training for Emerging Technologies.
• Provide Professional Development Opportunities.
• Support New Initiatives through Training.
• Advocate Cross-training Opportunities.
• Improve New Team Member Orientation Processes.
• Provide Resources for Wellness and Support.
|Initiative:||The college will seek alternative funding sources and utilize resources in a responsible manner.|
• Expand and Improve Scholarship Opportunities for Students.
• Seek Targeted Alternate Funding Streams.
• Foster a Culture of Data Informed Decisions.
• Create and Maintain Partnerships.
• Seek Informed Cost Savings for Efficient Operations.
• Develop and Implement Focused Fund Raising Activities.
|Theme:||Student Enrollment, Retention, and Transfer|
|Initiative:||The college will continue to develop and improve student retention initiatives that align with a supportive infrastructure to provide the best possible outcome for our students to set and achieve their goals. Program completion and job placement rates are a measure of our commitment to student success.|
• Increase Student Completion Rates.
• Increase Fall to Fall Student Retention Rates.
• Increase Student Transfer Rates.
• Improve Job Placement Rates.
• Focus Enrollment Initiatives for Targeted Programs.
• Build and Expand Relationships with Educational Partners.
• Develop Comprehensive Student Retention Initiatives.
|Theme:||High Quality Instruction|
|Initiative:||The college will continue to shape its culture by making learning our first priority and the driving force behind all initiatives, decisions, and policy development.|
• Expand and Improve Policies, Processes and Procedures.
• Enhance Instructor Training and Support.
• Build a Supportive Environment for Adjunct Instructors.
• Align Salaries with Peer Institutions.
• Attract and Retain High Quality Candidates though Competitive Salaries.
• Promote Quality Higher Education Instruction.
• Maintain Learning Resources Appropriate to Curriculum.
• Champion Innovative Teaching Strategies.
• Promote a Culture of Continuous Learning and Improvement.
|Initiative:||The college will create a dynamic, safe and caring student-first physical learning environment that promotes open access to opportunities for all students of diverse backgrounds, and ensures their preparation for success in a global world.|
• Maintain Facilities in Support of Learning.
• Support a Comprehensive Maintenance Program to align with Master Plan.
• Ensure a Sustainable and Flexible Technology Infrastructure.
• Enhance Safety and Security.