Residence of Students
Since persons residing within the public school districts of Poplar Bluff R-I, Neelyville R-IV, Twin Rivers R-X, Van Buren R-I, Doniphan R-I, Naylor R-II, East Carter R-II, Ripley County R-III, Ripley County R-IV, Clearwater R-I and Greenville R-II are also residents of the Three Rivers College District, they pay local property taxes to help support the college. As a result, they and their children are charged lower fees than are charged those persons residing outside of the district.

Persons residing in all other school districts in Missouri and Clay and Randolph County in Arkansas received out-of-district tuition status.

In determining the residence of an individual, either of the following shall be sufficient proof of domicile of a person and his dependents within the college district:
  1. Presence within the college district for a period of 12 months and sufficient proof of intent to make the college district a permanent home for an indefinite period; and,
  2. Presence within the college district for the purposes of retirement, full-time employment, professional practice, or to conduct a business full-time.
If a question arises concerning the resident status of the student, it shall be the responsibility of the student to prove residency within the college district.

The student can petition the Registrar's Office for a change of residency. The student needs to submit a completed Residency Evaluation form with supporting evidence to the Registrar's Office. Any change in the student's residency status will not be retroactive.

If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at 573-840-9665.
Three Rivers College Menu
About Us News & Headlines Admissions Current Students Academics ARC/Library Financial Aid Student Accounts Student Services Campus Life Faculty/Staff Directory Contact Us Tinnin Center President's Office Campus Safety Raiders Athletics