FAFSA VerificationApproximately 30% of students who complete the FAFSA are randomly selected by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) to complete an audit process called verification. If additional information is needed, the Office of Financial Aid will notify you via your college email account. You can see what additional documents are needed through your myTRCC account.
How do I know if I am selected for verification and what documentation is needed?
- Read the comment section on your FASFA Student Aid Report (SAR). To do this, go to www.fafsa.gov and select "View and Print Your Student Aid Report (SAR)."
- The Office of Financial Aid will also attempt to notify you via your myTRCC student email.
- Check your email often for messages from the Office of Financial aid.
- Check myTRCC “Financial Aid Self-Service” for alerts on missing documents.
- Check myTRCC "Financial Aid Self-Service" for alerts or missing documents.
- Link tax information for student (spouse and parent if applicable). Directions for linking taxes are available on the IRS website.
- It is the student's responsibility to make sure the Office of Financial Aid receives the items requested in a timely manner. Failure to return requested documentation may result in delay of financial aid or responsibility of account balance.
- If you have submitted all paperwork, please know it can take 10-14 days for the information to update in our system. If you receive additional emails, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-840-9606 to determine if further information is required.
- Verification must be complete in order to receive financial aid benefits. The process does take several weeks, so it is important to submit all completed paperwork as soon as possible.
- Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for processing once you have submitted all required paperwork.
- Any corrections needed to be made on your FAFSA will be submitted to the Department of Education by the Office of Financial Aid.
- You may receive an updated Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education which indicates corrections have been made to your FAFSA.
- Once you receive the SAR allow 2 weeks for awards to be updated on your myTRCC student account.
- Financial aid offers may be viewed at myTRCC “Financial Aid Self-Service." Unless you notify the College in writing to decline your financial aid awards, we will consider you as having accepted your financial aid award letter. (Paper copies available upon request.)