Financial Aid
Financial Aid FAQs
1. What kind of financial aid is available? How do I apply? Is it too late to apply for financial aid, Pell Grant and scholarships? Can I receive more than one type of aid? Can adult students apply for aid?
The types of financial aid available at Three Rivers include Pell Grant, College Work-Study program, Scholarships, A+, Student Loans and Veterans Benefits. Fill out your Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. If you need assistance, bring it to the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office on the main campus in Poplar Bluff and we will help you transmit it electronically. Pell Grant eligibility is based on family income and your eligibility is determined by the Federal Student Aid Program guidelines. You can receive both Pell Grant and scholarships, and adult students can also apply for financial aid. Check out the Three Rivers website, or call or stop by the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office for more information about "free money". Watch bulletin boards around campus for the latest scholarship and financial aid information.

2. I've already completed my FAFSA, and will receive a Pell Grant. When will Pell Grants be paid to my account? When will I receive my student aid refund?
Three Rivers will not receive Federal funds until mid-semester. Pell Grant and scholarships will be applied to your account at that time. After the balance on your account is paid, you may be eligible to receive any remaining funds. Fall Pell Grant refunds will be issued in October for students who completed their paperwork on or before April 1; spring refunds are scheduled in March. Dates will be posted both on and off campus.

3. I need more financial help. What about student loans?
You may be eligible for a student loan. Contact the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office for an application and to find out what kind of loan you qualify for. You must have a completed FAFSA on file at Three Rivers before your student loan can be processed. Remember, a student loan is not "free money" like a Pell Grant; and it must be repaid.

4. I qualify for the A+ program. What do I do about Pell Grant and scholarships?
For more questions about the A+ program, contact the Financial Aid Advisor at 573-840-9606. If you have not already done so, you must contact the office to sign up for the A+ program at Three Rivers. IMPORTANT: please remember you must have your FAFSA on file at Three Rivers to receive A+ benefits. Also, if you add or drop a class you MUST contact the Financial Aid Advisor in the Financial Aid Office.

5. What happens to my financial aid if I drop classes?
IMPORTANT: Please contact the Financial Aid Office to find out BEFORE you make a decision to drop a class or classes. Your Pell Grant and veterans benefits will be reduced if you drop below full-time status (12 credit hours).

6. I want to know more about the work-study program. How do I qualify?
You must apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA to find out if you qualify for the work-study program. If you are eligible, you can apply for a job both on and off campus. Work-study jobs pay minimum wage and you are limited to 10-15 hours per week. Information about work-study job openings is posted on the Job Placement bulletin board located in the Westover Administration Building on the first floor across from the Welcome Center. Once you are hired for a position, contact financial aid for assistance in completing your paperwork.

7. I receive private scholarships. What do I need to do to get the funds?
Follow the instructions on your award letter. If you have not already done so, bring or send a copy of your award information to the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office so we can record it. Make sure you put your full name and student ID or SSN on every document. If needed, we will send verification of your enrollment to the donor and request scholarship funds.

8. Can I receive financial aid if I take classes off-campus?
Yes you may take Three Rivers classes at any location(s). Financial aid like Pell Grant, scholarships, A+ and veterans benefits are based on total hours enrolled, not the location of the classes.
Three Rivers College Menu
About Us News & Headlines Admissions Current Students Academics ARC/Library Financial Aid Student Accounts Student Success Campus Life Faculty/Staff Directory Contact Us Tinnin Center President's Office Campus Safety Raiders Athletics