Federal Work-StudyThree Rivers participates in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, which allows selected eligible students to work part-time throughout the semester. Job positions are limited. WHAT TO DO BEFORE WE CAN DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
- Submit a FAFSA.
- Make sure your financial aid file is complete (transcripts, verification documents, etc.).
- Be enrolled in the current semester in an approved degree or certificate program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Complete the Student Work-Study Employment Application and submit to the Financial Aid Office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 573-840-9604 or
- Return to the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility.
- Students who are not eligible will receive communication through the student email account within 7-10 days.
- If you are eligible, your application will be available for review by each department and interviews may be scheduled.
- Applications will remain available for viewing by the designated offices for candidates who are eligible.
- Positions are limited.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you are no longer interested in a work study position.
- Once hired, the office will contact Financial Aid to request a Work Study Eligibility & Hiring Form.
- Upon completion of the form, including all signatures, you should submit the form to the Human Resources Office (WEST111 - Westover Building) with required forms of identification.
- All information must be completed, received, and approved by the Human Resources Office AND your timesheet available in your myTRCC.
- At this point, approved students may begin working at the designated time agreed upon with the supervisor.
For questions about the Federal Work Study program, please email email@example.com or call 573-840-9606.
Current Available Positions
The following is a list of Work-Study positions currently available to Three Rivers students.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Computer Services Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Help with installation of Master Classroom technologies. New building installations. Installation of network infrastructure. Installation Of computer labs. Help with support of off-campus center technologies. Imaging computers. Any other duties assigned for the benefit of the college.
Distance Learning Services
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Distance Learning Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Must have technical experience. This work study will communicate with a customer service mindset with all users (students, staff, instructors, high schools, partnership universities, vendors, etc.) that come in contact with Distance Learning. Facilitate ITV video conference room needs on the Poplar Bluff campus: Equipment Troubleshooting, Camera orientation, DVD recording, Classroom Up-Keep, etc. Monitor and contact off-site facilitators (Three Rivers centers, High Schools, Partnerships) to troubleshoot video conferencing equipment and direct how to correct the orientation of their cameras over the phone. Enroll students and instructors into blackboard courses with direction from coordinator. Communicate by phone and email with students/instructors to trouble issues with Blackboard Learn wet courses. Use a computer to replicate and provide a resolution to the user's issue, and keep all other office staff aware of any ongoing issues reported. During times of high work load, assist Computer Services with technical projects.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 209).
Description: Providing assistance to the Research Coordinator and other full time employees within the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Duties will include but limited to: light data entry, organizing and gathering institutional wide documentation, answering telephones, assisting other office personnel with miscellaneous request, filing and other duties as assigned.
Nursing & Allied Health
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Nursing Office, Room 219 of the Plaster Free Enterprise Building (Building PLST).
Description: The work Study will help with general office function including filing, shredding, and maintaining records including immunizations, health forms, and CPR cards. The Work Study will also assist faculty in making copies and other general office needs.
Office of Instruction
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Office of the Dean of Instruction (Administration Classroom building room A209).
Description: Light data entry, organizing and gathering documents, answering telephone, filing, and other duties assigned.
Tinnin Center – Backstage / Art Gallery
Details: Three (1) positions available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center Office.
Description: Provide help in all technical aspect needs for shows in Tinnin or Staff Art Gallery each week.