Federal Work-StudyThree Rivers participates in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, which allows selected eligible students to work part-time throughout the semester. Job positions are limited.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE WE CAN DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
- Submit a FAFSA.
- Make sure your financial aid file is complete (transcripts, verification documents, etc.).
- Be enrolled in the current semester in an approved degree or certificate program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Complete the Student Work-Study Employment Application and submit to the Financial Aid Office:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 573-840-9604 or
- Return to the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility.
- Students who are not eligible will receive communication through the student email account within 7-10 days.
- If you are eligible, your application will be available for review by each department and interviews may be scheduled.
- Applications will remain available for viewing by the designated offices for candidates who are eligible.
- Positions are limited.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you are no longer interested in a work study position.
- Once hired, the office will contact Financial Aid to request a Work Study Eligibility & Hiring Form.
- Upon completion of the form, including all signatures, you should submit the form to the Human Resources Office (WEST111 - Westover Building) with required forms of identification.
- All information must be completed, received, and approved by the Human Resources Office AND your timesheet available in your myTRCC.
- At this point, approved students may begin working at the designated time agreed upon with the supervisor.
For questions about the Federal Work Study program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-840-9606.
Current Available Positions
The following is a list of Work-Study positions currently available to Three Rivers students.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Computer Services Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Help with installation of Master Classroom technologies. New building installations. Installation of network infrastructure. Installation Of computer labs. Help with support of off-campus center technologies. Imaging computers. Any other duties assigned for the benefit of the college.
Distance Learning Services
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Distance Learning Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Must have technical experience. Facilitate ITV video conference room needs on the Poplar Bluff campus (Equipment Troubleshooting, Camera orientation, DVD recording, Classroom Up-Keep) as well as assist off-site facilitators by troubleshooting over the phone. Enroll students and instructors into Blackboard courses as directed. Communicate via phone and email with students and instructors to resolve issues with Blackboard courses. Use a computer to replicate and provide a resolution to the user's issue, and keep all other office staff aware of any ongoing issues reported. Other technical projects as assigned.
Educational Talent Search
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Educational Talent Search Office (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 114)
Description: Tutor students in first through four grade in reading and math. Tutor students in sixth though twelfth grade in requested academic areas. Complete office duties as required by the Talent Search Office; such as, filing, data entry, organizing materials and general office management duties.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply with the Maintenance Office (call Rob at 573-772-2016).
Description: Will need to operate various grounds equipment. Spring planting. Will also need to be able to lift and move furniture, boxes, and various other items. Assisting staff in performance of projects. Assisting staff in completion of work tickets.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the office of the Dean of Students (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 103).
Description: Answer phones, Greet and direct visitors, Answer phone calls, Scan documents, Assist with mailing projects, Assist with overall projects guest and/or students not only in our office.
Tinnin Center – Backstage / Art Gallery
Details: Three (1) positions available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center Office.
Description: Provide help in all technical aspect needs for shows in Tinnin or Staff Art Gallery each week.