Student Disability ServicesThree Rivers is committed to providing equal opportunity for qualified students with disabilities, while maintaining the academic integrity and qualified students with disabilities, while maintaining the academic integrity and quality of college programs, in accordance with the American Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Missouri State Law.
"No qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such a disability, be excluded from the participation in, or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of any public entity, or be subject to discrimination by any such entity."
- Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990 (Section 202)
Services are based on student need. Examples include:
- Entry advising
- Enrollment assistance
- Alternate media (books on tape, e-text, etc)
- Assistive software and technology such as voice recognition software, text magnifier, computers, scanners, assistive listening equipment, etc.
- Priority registration
- Resource referral
- Note takers
- Alternate testing format
Download the Request for Disability Accommodations packet (PDF). This packet contains a welcome letter describing services, FAQ and documentation guidelines, and the request for Disability Accommodations application. Once all forms have been completed and documentation gathered, make an appointment with the Student Services Specialist/Coordinator of Disability Services (573-840-9608 x3738) located on the lower level of the Westover Administration Building. Please plan ahead as some accommodations can take up to six weeks to process.
For New Students:
- Make an appointment with the Coordinator of Disability Services to discuss your needs. Documentation requirements will be explained. Submit your documentation for review.
- Meet with Coordinator of Disability Services to discuss possible accommodations or further documentation requirements. Provide a copy of your class schedule.
- Pick up your Academic Accommodation Request form from the Office of Disability Services (ODS), fill it out, and return it to the ODS.
- Drop off your semester schedule to the Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Pick up your Academic Accommodation Request form from the Office of Disability Services (ODS), fill it out, and return it to the ODS. Remember that accommodations do not automatically carry over into the next semester.