TRIO Talent SearchWhat is Educational Talent Search?
Three Rivers College's Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a TRiO program that provides education outreach and is funded through the U.S. Department of Education. Educational Talent Search is designed to motivate and support students in grades 6-12 who have the potential to succeed in college.
The Educational Talent Search program:
- Provides academic, career, and financial aid counseling to its participants.
- Encourages them to graduate from high school.
- Encourages them to continue on to the postsecondary school of their choice.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for Three Rivers' ETS program if:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are 11 to 18 years of age and in the 6th through 12th grade attending one of the Three Rivers' ETS target schools.
- Your household income meets guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education.
- You are a potential first-generation college student. Neither parent (natural or adoptive) or legal guardian has received a bachelor's degree.
Schools in the following districts are targeted for recruitment by Three River's Educational Talent Search: Bloomfield R-14, Campbell, Clearwater, Dexter R-XI, Doniphan R-1, East Carter County R-II, Greenville R-II, Naylor R-2, Neelyville R-4, Poplar Bluff R-1, Puxico, Richland, Southern Reynolds County R-II, Twin Rivers, and Van Buren.
How can ETS help Middle School students?
You may think you are too young to begin preparing for college; think again. At the beginning of each school year, you start with a review of material that you covered the previous year. From that point you encounter new information that builds upon prior learning. As you gain new knowledge, you are better prepared for the next level. Educational Talent Search will provide assistance through tutoring, guidance, and encouragement that will help you move from one level to the next.
How can ETS help High School students?
You have made it to high school and now the next step is college. How will you ever get there? That is where ETS steps in, but first you must maintain good grades in high school. Educational Talent Search offers career counseling, exam preparation, financial aid information for college, as well as providing students with the opportunity to tour college and university campuses.
How can I apply to participate in Educational Talent Search?
Parents and students interested in Educational Talent Search may contact the ETS Office at 573-840-9532 or email email@example.com.