Prospective students should visit the Admissions pages to learn about how to become a Three Rivers student.
New & Returning Students
New Three Rivers students must register in person on campus, or at one of the college's locations. New Three Rivers students gain access to myTRCC approximately two weeks after registration.
First time users should follow the steps below to login:
- Select the myTRCC Link
Located in the header on every page of the website. You can also bookmark the site for easier future access.
- Select myTRCC for Students
The myTRCC for Students is the gold button located below the main menu.
- Enter Your Username
At the login prompt, enter your username which is the first initial of your first name and your entire last name followed by the last 4 digits of your Three Rivers Student ID number.
- Example Student: Rocky Raider
- Example Student ID#: 0123456
- Example Username: rraider3456
Note: If you do not know your student identification number, your user name can be retrieved via the “What's My User Name" link.
- Link is found in the lower left of the screen by clicking “myTRCC for Students” under the “Main Menu” tab.
- Enter Your Password
- Your password has not been changed. Skip to the Helpful Hints section at the end of this document if you have lost your password.
New Students Registered Before May 15, 2016:
- Your initial password is the last 6 digits of your social security number. You must change this according to new password restrictions shown below in step 5.
New Students Registered On/After May 15, 2016:
- Your initial password is a combination of the following:
Example Student: Rocky Raider, born on July 1, 1966
- First initial of first name, capitalized = R
- First initial of last name, not capitalized = r
- Birthday in numerical format: Month (2 digits), Day (2 digit), Year (2 digit) = 070166
- Ends in an exclamation point = !
- Based on these criteria, the initial password would be Rr070166!
Note: If you forget your password, a temporary password can be sent from the "Reset my password" link.
- Link is found in the lower left of the screen by clicking “myTRCC for Students” under the “Main Menu” tab. A randomized temporary password will be sent to your myMail student email account.
- Change Your Password
Upon login, you must change your password according to the new student password restrictions shown below.
New Student Password Restrictions:
Your new password must have 8 to 16 characters and contain:
- Lowercase characters: a-z
- Uppercase characters: A-Z
- Numbers: 0-9
- •Symbols : ! # $ %
Note: Passwords cannot contain the username alias (the part before @ symbol in your email address). Do not use your social security number, as that is your private information.
- Remember to log out when you are finished.
Current & Returning Students
Federal financial regulations will affect the way student aid will pay. All courses must directly apply to the student’s degree plan in order for financial aid to pay. Any courses taken outside of the degree plan will be the student’s financial responsibility. To avoid complications with financial aid, all students MUST meet with their faculty advisor to select the correct courses that apply to their degree plan. The faculty advisors will assist students in planning courses to be taken in current and future semesters. All planned courses must be approved by the faculty advisor before student is allowed to register each semester. Once a student has met with their advisor, they may register online through myTRCC.
Dropping a Course
Students are strongly encouraged to talk with their instructor before making the decision to drop a class.
A course may be dropped at any time prior to the date published in the academic calendar, which is the 75% date of the course. After this date a student must withdraw from all courses unless granted permission for a late drop by the Vice President for Learning, with whom an appeal for a late drop must be filed.
Courses dropped during the 100% refund period will not be recorded on the student’s transcript. Courses dropped after the 100% refund date will be recorded on the student’s transcript with a “W” grade.
A course is dropped by completing a Change of Schedule form found below in PDF format, in the Student Services office, or on myTRCC. Failure to complete the proper procedure for dropping a class may results in a grade of “F” for the course.
Withdrawal from College
A withdrawal from college is when a student drops all courses taken during a semester. Students are strongly encouraged to speak with their advisor and the Office of Financial Aid prior to withdrawing from the college. Students may withdraw from the college (drop all courses) up to and including the last day of class.
Prior to the last date to drop a course a student can withdraw online through myTRCC. After this date, a student must contact Student Services to withdraw.